|Specialization / Discipline
||Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
|Salient Research Achievements
- Studied host-BBrMV/BBTV interactions in banana.
- Identified resistant gene candidates against BBrMV and Foc.
Identification of resistant gene candidate(s) in banana for race 1 and tropical race 4 of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. Cubense (PI)
- Proteomic analysis of host-BBTV interaction in banana - (PI)
- Molecular approaches to understand the host-virus-vector-environment interactions and the management of banana viruses. (Co-PI)
- Investigations on Musa nematodes diversity , biology, behaviour and their interactions. (Co-PI)
- Pest mapping in banana and plantains. (Collaborator)
- DST-SERB-A whole genome based reduced representation approach for identification of seedless phenotype in banana (Musa spp.). (PI)
- Knocking out the virus – Elimination of the endogenous banana streak viral sequences from banana through genome editing with CRIPSPR – Cas9 system. (Co-PI)
- Biotechnological Interventions through RNAi approach for Management of banana bunchy top virus in NE region of India. (Co-PI)
- ICAR Consortia Research Platform on Vaccines and Diagnostics. (Co-PI)
|Area of Interest
||Host-pathogen interaction, Identification of resistant gene candidates
|Total Research Publications
|Best five Publications
- Prathapan, K.D., Poorani, J., Amritha Kumari, S., Anuradha, C., Padmanaban, B., Thanigairaj, R. 2019. Species composition and diagnoses of leaf- and fruit-scarring beetles (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae) infesting bananas and plantains (Zingiberales, Musaceae) in the Indian subcontinent. Deutsche Entomologische Zeitschrift 66(2): 179–202.
- Anuradha, C., Selvarajan, R. (2018). Molecular characterization of banana bract mosaic virus from Indiareveals recombination and positive selection in the VPg gene. Journal of Plant Pathology.100: 523-531.
- Anuradha, C., Selvarajan, R., Vasantha, S., Suresha, G.S. (2015). Biochemical Characterization of Compatible Plant Virus Interaction: A Case Study with Bunchy Top Virus-Banana Host-Pathosystem. Plant Pathology Journal. 14 (4): 212-222.
- Anuradha, C., Balasubramanian, V., Selvarajan R. (2015). Sequence Motif Comparison and Homology Modeling of Helper Component Proteinase (HC-Pro) of Banana bract mosaic virus. Plant Pathology Journal. 14 (3): 123-129.
- Balasubramanian, V., Sukanya, R. S., Anuradha. C., Selvarajan. R. 2014. Population structure of Banana bract mosaic virus reveals recombination and negative selection in the helper component protease (HC-Pro) gene. Virus Disease, 25(4) 460-466.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University merit scholarship
- ICAR- Junior Research Fellowship
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) - Junior Research Fellowship
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) - Senior Research Fellowship
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute fellowship
- ICAR-National Eligibility Test- 2004 - Plant Breeding
- ICAR-National Eligibility Test- 2007 – Plant Biotechnology
- Awarded with Endeavour Fellowship - 2018 by Department of Education and Training, Australian government.
- Best oral presentation award – for the paper ‘Anuradha Chelliah, Upendra Shekhawat and James Dale. 2018. Identification of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense race 1 resistance gene candidates in Cavendish bananas’. National Symposium on “Cutting edge approaches for sustainable plant disease management and ensuring farmers’ profit” organized at NRCB, Trichy by the South Zone, IPS during 21 - 23 December, 2018.
- Best oral presentation for the paper ‘SNP in eIF4E factor gene in banana accessions might confer resistance to BBrMV’ in International conference on banana – (ICB 2020) - Innovations in sustainable production and value chain management in banana’, jointly organized by ICAR-NRCB; Bioversity International and CIAT; SPH, Bangalore held at Tiruchirappalli during 22 - 25 February, 2020.