|Specialization / Discipline
||Soil Science / Soil Fertility / Nutrient Management
||Section : Soil Science
|Salient Research Achievements
- Developed strategy of using Cement Kiln Flue dust and Alcohol Distillery Effluent as Potassium Sources in Banana Production.
- Developed DRIS indices and Charts for Nendran and Ney Poovan Banana.
- Developed a Banana Micronutrient Mixture -“Banana Shakti”.
- Developed Fertilizer Tailoring Equations for banana varieties like Nendran, Poovan , Karpuravalli, Ney Poovan, Rasthali and Grand Naine.
- Nutrient Budgeting in soil-plant ecosystem under banana cultivation and quantified the nutrient removal and recycling in banana ecosystem.
- Studies on Nutrient Dynamics in Banana (PI)
- Organic banana farming for sustainable soil healthand nutritional security (PI)
- Development of clump management technology for enhanced productivity in banana (Co-PI)
|Current Research Projects(External)
|| Coordinated Horticulture Assessment and Management using Geoinformatics
(CHAMAN – Phase-II) - Banana Yield Estimation
|Area of Interest
||Natural Resource Management, Nutrient (Fertilizer) Management, Soil Health / Fertility Management, Nutrient Budgeting and Recycling.
|Total Research Publications
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J, V.Kumar and S.Uma. 2019. Development and validation of fertiliser adjustment equations for banana cv. Grand Naine (AAA). International Journal of Innovative Horticulture, 8(2):135-142.
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J., R. Pitchaimuthu and S. Uma. 2018. Assessing nutrient uptake pattern with respect to dry matter accumulation in Ney Poovan (AB) banana at critical growth stages. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 75(3):405-412.
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J. and S.D. Pandey. 2008. Effect of foliar spray of micronutrients in banana under high soil pH condition. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 65(1):102-105.
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J., S.D. Pandey, M.M. Mustaffa and S. Sathiamoorthy. 2005. Diagnosis and recommendation integrated system for monitoring status of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium of ‘Nendran’ banana (Musa paradisiaca). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 75(7): 432-434.
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J., S.D. Pandey and G. Gomadhi. 2004. Integration of potassium-rich cement kiln flue dust and distillery effluent in potassium fertilization for increasing banana production. The Andhra Agricultural Journal, 50 : 418-420.
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J., S.D. Pandey and G. Gomadhi. 2003. Effect of potassium-rich cement kiln flue dust and distillery effluent as substitute for potassium fertilizers on growth, yield and quality of “Ney Poovan” banana (Musa paradisiaca). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 73(12): 641-644.
- Jeyabaskaran, K.J., S.D. Pandey, M.M. Mustaffa and S. Sathiamoorthy. 2001. Effect of different organic manures with graded levels of inorganic fertilizers on ratoon of Poovan banana. South Indian Horticulture, 49:105-108.